Benefits of Counselling
Are You Looking For Change? Want To Get Unstuck?
Talking with a therapist will open possibilities for:
- Finding power and choice when problems feel overwhelming.
- Overcoming depression and re- experiencing hope and joy.
- Learning and growing through loss and grief, (including the loss of family pets).
- Liberation from addictive behaviours & substance misuse.
- Finding assertive and healthy ways to respond to the addictive behaviour or substance misuse of someone you love.
- Understanding the meaning behind anger and learning respectful ways to communicate intense emotions.
- Growing safe and meaningful relationships.
- Learning to let go of trying to control others through intimidation or violence and reconnect with behaviors that communicate respect and kindness.
- Keeping yourself and your family safe when responding to abuse or violence of your partner.
- Nurturing intimacy with your partner as a foundation to sexual satisfaction.
- Finding your voice in the midst of crazy making abusive relationships.
- Becoming the parent you really want to be.
- Turning life and family transitions (retirement, critical illness, empty nest) into seasons of discovery.
- Creating a purposeful life and a balanced sense of wellbeing.
- Developing new meaning in life.
- Exploring spirituality, growing faith, and discovering spiritual disciplines.
- The safe telling of "secrets" and stories of pain and suffering, oppression and abuse, and the celebration of stories of resistance and resilience.